His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Concern

I wrote a heart felt post, the best I could regarding teachings that are so scary to me, yet seem to be prevalent.  It is so hard to walk the line of not throwing somebody under the bus, so to speak, yet exposing false teaching.  It is NEVER my intention to point and judge another person I have not met, or even met for that matter; yet I felt compelled to write opinion on the facts before me.  There are many good people who have opinions different  than my own, who glean from all sorts of books, use common sense and forget the rest.... then there are those who are dependent upon other's books.  If what I wrote could cause one person to rethink their ideas, then I am not sorry for writing it.  
I include myself, as being one who is constantly learning and taking to heart new ideas. If we cease to grow, we are not alive!
I carry a big burden in my heart over this, because Long ago, I spanked on occasion.  My intention was NEVER to harm my kids, and I would weep over it, because it just didn't seem right.  There were those around me who would say YOU MUST or you are not following scripture. 
I was set free from it, many years ago....long before the girls ever came. 
When my boys were small, I could have been one of those judgmental people looking at an out of control toddler and thinking, they need to get a hold of that kid! I am ashamed of that.  The Lord has taught me much, since I became a mother at 20. 
One thing I am very grateful for, is the scripture itself.  I am grateful for HIS love and mercy in my life, and that the Holy Spirit teaches and leads us into all truth.

So, with that, I will be commenting one more time on the issues of the gospel in the book, and then I will move on, and write in a positive way what I believe has helped us with our children; especially our children who come to us through adoption.  In writing in the positive, I think it is more helpful than writing in the negative.  If I just criticize a book, it doesn't say what to do instead..... and I'd rather offer hope and encouragement in all respect and gentleness.  Harshness just makes me want to take a bath. :)

3 comments:

FaerieMama said...

I love your gentle humble and kind spirit. I learn from you every single time I read your blog. I am so grateful for you.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you Faerie Mama for your encouragement. :)

Annie said...

You can find just about anything in Scripture....and too many people see just what they expect, or what they want to see.

I'll never forget the very kindly Sunday School teacher who years ago said he could not discipline his class because God doesn't discipline us. What? I was so startled, and his being much older and holier than I, I didn't want to point out some of the very obvious verses about discipline. But "discipline" itself, can be interpreted in so many ways. He, apparently, only saw it as punishment. (Frankly I can see a few examples of God's punishment, too....but I let it go.)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin