His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 13, 2011

GROWING PAINS

Everybody knows growing pains are painful!  We can apply the concept physically, especially those of us who had them as children.  But applying the same  concept to emotional development and healing is more abstract and many times we don't get it.

We have had some really great weeks with our Alli.  And then, as we expected, yesterday, we had a really hard day.  She was all over the place with memories and doubts and fears which culminated into a temper fit.
I was so enjoying the good time we had for 2 weeks, I was a little caught off guard and wound up exhausted instead of  prepared. 
It is so hard to see our kids go through such turmoil, KNOWING they don't have to! They realy don't!
But they do because of fear and blindness to what is reality.
Reality is that they are safe and loved. 
Fear tells them that they are not.
Reality is that we adore them.
Fear tells them that we hate them and are PRETENDING to love them.

In REALITY, we lay our lives down and continue every moment to sacrifice in love.
In FEAR they don't trust.

In REALITY, I see that I do not reflect Christ perfectly to her.
In FEAR, she does not respond perfectly either.

AND IN REALITY, we can both see that she has come a LONG, LONG ways from where she was before, but we have a long road ahead of us too....
And in REALITY we can join hands, and walk the path the Lord has set before us TOGETHER,with JOY, knowing that the temporary suffering will bring about great fruit in our lives.   NOW that is something to REJOICE over!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin