His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Three Steps Forward!

We are in the 3 steps forward mode right now, and I am ENJOYING IT! :)
Yesterday and today have gone really well. :)  All 4 girls ALL at the SAME TIME, have been GREAT!

One thing happened today that could have gone either way, and I am so proud of Alli for making the right decision!
It was time for school to be over and the girls were going to go on a bike ride. Right before they left, I asked Alli, "Did you finish all of your school work?"
She said, "Yes Maam."
And for some reason, I just didn't remember her doing her phonics today.
So I asked, "May I please check your phonics book?"
She handed it to me, and I checked.  She had not done it.


So, I explained that before bike riding she would have to do her phonics.  She didn't groan....
and I went on to explain that I was concerned she told me she did all her work, and she didn't.
I asked her, "What does that tell mommy?"
She immediately said, "Mommy, I lied, and I am very sorry. I'll do my work right now."
I have to say, I was really surprised at her willingness to confess and repent.  I believe she really was sorry.  We hugged and I put the timer on for 30 minutes.  She CHEERFULLY did her work! And when she was done, she was so proud of herself.
This is something we have been working toward for a long time. :)  
She and her sisters went for  a long walk afterwards so Erika could be included. (Erika cannot ride a bike)

I am really thankful that Alli was able to be honest. I am thankful that during prayer time she thanked the Lord for helping her to be honest. :)

2 comments:

MariaG said...

Great job Alli :-)
MariaG (Canada)

Chiara Elena said...

Patience and good will, always pay back, they may be late, but they always pay back. I'm glad for you and your girls

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin