His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Visit at the Hospital

I wrote about Catherine and her girls here.  Today, was Francesca's surgery. It was a big one. So the girls and I , and our friend's daughter Marion packed up and went to sit with Catherine while Francesca has surgery. I remember when Tim had surgery. I sat alone for 9 plus hours during the surgery. I hate to think of somebody sitting alone. :(
THIS TIME..... I remembered the camera. :)
 Anna and her friend Marion studied fossils.
 Sarah and Alli had fun on the paint spots.
 Erika enjoyed crocheting.
 They all wound up resting on this couch.
And this is Catherine and me, resting on a giant caterpillar.
I really enjoyed meeting Catherine and talking about her wonderful family. :)  Pray for Francesca as she will be in ICU for now, and for Victoria's surgery tomorrow.

4 comments:

schnitzelbank said...

I'm so grateful you were there for her! I don't know either of you IRL, but I can just tell you are both the sweetest women. :)

Emily Minich said...

Wow, I would recognize that hospital anywhere. I am so glad you went to sit ith them. I sat out that window past the big caterpillar and ate lunch a couple times. It's a nice area. I am so, so, so glad you went to sit with them.

JJ said...

Wow, you never cease to amaze me! What an angel you have been to Catherine. My prayers are with her and her girls!

Mike and Christie said...

I'm no angel. You know me too well! LOL But I remember sitting alone for surgeries, and have sat alone when the girls have had surgery and it is just no fun. Add to that being in another state where there is NOBODY you know, and that would be so hard.
I just wanted to be a blessing to Catherine... She was a HUGE blessing to me. :) She is really a fun person and I wish we lived closer!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin