His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Christmas Ideas

Any tips?
I want to make a collage for the older kids and my mom.  I would like to make it as ONE photo, sort of like this:
Maybe in an 11x14 size.... since there are so many of us. :)  This was just a sample attempt with some old photos I was looking at.

I did it on the kitchen table with no flash, but is a little blurry.

10 comments:

Diana said...

The easiest way is to do it in photoshop...if you know how to use photoshop. I've heard photoshop elements is much easier to use, though. Very often you can get free trial versions of it online, too.

Jamie said...

Long time reader here, first time commenting!

If you've got a scanner and can scan each photo individually and email them to me, I could recreate that in a single image, restore photos as needed, and make it look quite nice. I do related things for work and did a similar project recently for my mother-in-law's birthday. It wouldn't take long (the biggest hassle is the scanning on your end), and then I could email you back a finished version in the dimensions you'd like. I wish I could give you a sample, but I don't think I have anything like that online at the moment. You can give my site a look at jamiehull.com though, if you want.

Mike and Christie said...

The problem is, I don't know how to scan the pics into the computer. HUGE learning curve for me. :)

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Jamie, we must have been typing at the same time! LOL Thanks for reading my blog and commenting. :)

I gotta figure this out! I think my husband knows how to scan things. I might get the daughter's in law involved in their own gift. LOL

Mike and Christie said...

Just tried a new header. There are still 4 people missing. LOL

Mike and Christie said...

OOPS, make that 5!

Chris said...

You could use Microsoft's Publisher too..photo shop is supposed to be better.

Jamie said...

Trying is how you learn! Good job. Really, just starting off playing around with things was exactly how I began learning. Have fun with it!

Also, if the scanning goes poorly, I suspect you could even take the pictures to a Staples-type place and have them put on a disk or emailed to you, similar to what they do with normal documents.

Hevel said...

The easiest way is doing it in Picasa rather than Photoshop. You should scan the photos, and then in Picasa 3 you select the photos you want to use, tell Picasa what size you want it to be, and Picasa does the basic job. You can them move, rotate or resize the individual photos. You can add a background picture, or leave it as a solid colour. I'll post a few samples that were done with Picasa.

Jo's Corner said...

I agree with Hevel. Picasa is free and is pretty easy. Most cameras have a setting called "Document" setting. You set it there and take a picture of each picture. Then put them on your computer. I'll send you a link to how to make a collage in Picasa, okay?

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin