His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Disturbing World of the Pearls Part 2.

I wrote yesterday about TTUAC and the disturbing thoughts that I have read in this book.  There have been deaths, and many cases of abuse... I just read about one today where a child was hospitalized with kidney failure due to this type of teaching.

This will be my last post on this topic in this manner.  I wrote here, why that is.
I feel that I need to address this post because of the theology issue.  False teaching is VERY serious.

Here is a direct quote from the section in the book called, "The Power of Absolution".


"The parent holds in his hand, (in the form of a little switch) the power to ABSOLVE THE CHILD OF GUILT, CLEANSE HIS SOUL, INSTRUCT HIS SPIRIT, STRENGTHEN HIS RESOLVE, AND GIVE HIM A FRESH START THROUGH A CONFIDENCE THAT ALL INDEBTEDNESS IS PAID.
"The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly. Proverbs 20:30.  Inward parts of the belly " is a description of the physical sensations associated with guilt.
(He says this is Proverbs 20:30) My bible says, "blows that would cleanse away evil, strokes make clean the innermost parts.   This is written amidst a huge amount of "reasoning verses" such as:
vs 17  Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of gravel.
SO, does anybody believe that the person really has gravel in his mouth?
Also, would the word "blueness" lead a person reading, that that would be a bruise?


Stripes ("scourgeth" Hebrews 12:6) are said to be to the soul what he healing blood flow is to a wound. A child properly and timely spanked is healed in the soul and restored to wholeness of spirit. A CHILD CAN BE TURNED BACK FROM THE ROAD TO HELL THROUGH PROPER SPANKINGS.  
 This is CLASSIC false teaching! There is NO SCRIPTURE that says that through proper spankings you  can be healed and restored in spirit. NOT ONE.

"Withhold not correction from the child; for if though beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.  Proverbs 23: 13-14.
This verse is in the same area of proverbs mentioned above. Refer to the gravel verse. :) But I will say,  Obviously we must discipline our children. YES. To NOT discipline and not instruct is insane.
Of course parents are responsible to teach their children.
This verse obviously does not mean what Pearl says it means because children died. 



FATHER, AS A HIGH PRIEST OF THE FAMILY, YOU CAN RECONCILE YOUR CHILD TO NEWNESS OF LIFE. GUILT GIVES SATAN A JUST CALLING CARD AND A DOOR OF ACCESS TO YOUR CHILD. IN ACCOMPANIMENT WITH TEACHING, THE PROPERLY ADMINISTERED SPANKING IS RESTORATIVE AS NOTHING ELSE CAN BE.


Here again, there is not scripture that says you can reconcile your child to newness of life! 
Guilt does not give Satan a just calling. Scripture calls Satan an accuser.   
Where is the GOSPEL ?????
This is a section on guilt:
GUILT
Therefore, toward understanding the nature of a child, a knowledge of the presence of guilt is essential in the application of chastisement. A spanking (whipping paddling, switching, belting) is indispensable to the removal of guilt in your child. His very conscience (nature) demands punishment.
Most psychological problems are rooted in guilt. Guilt ONLY occurs where one HONESTLY judges himself to be worthy of blame.  One may inappropriately be convinced of blame, but the guilt is nonetheless, self incrimination.


The guilt burdened soul cries out for the lashes and nails of justice. Your child cannot yet understand that the Creator has been lashed and in his place. Only the rod of correction can preserve his soul until the day of moral dawning. ..... Guilt is the law's chief witness against the sinner.

Oh my.... I have much to say on this. But I will sum it up.  So, if a child is raped.... and they have guilt, he says they should be purged of their guilt though being spanked?  In the cases of our own sweet daughters, one who was tormented  by guilt and I repeat WAS..... because of her disruptions..... we should spank her??? REALLY??? She holds honest blame because she had guilt?????
Oh my words the implications of these statements shake me to my core.

Once again, GUILT is not "law's chief witness against the sinner"..... Satan is.  And when Satan accuses, Jesus Christ says PAID IN FULL! amen.

So, basically the book teaches that a parent can save their child.  This is a lie. A parent cannot offer salvation to a child. Salvation comes through Christ alone, through Faith.   We do NOT pay the penalty for our sin, Jesus Paid it ALL....
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people like these." Matthew 19:14.
John 3:16 says, "For God So Loved the World that HE gave His ONLY son that WHOEVER believes in Him will have eternal life."
And I leave with this:  HEBREWS 4:12- For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And here I will stop. There is no use in "beating a dead horse" you get the picture of what is in the book.
I will close this post with Psalm 23.....  (this verse is a Psalm of David)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. HE leads me beside still waters. HE restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL, for YOU ARE WITH ME.  Your ROD AND YOUR STAFF, they COMFORT ME. YOU prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies and you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY will follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


3 comments:

Ellen said...

Dear Christie,

I have read your blog for some time and really enjoy reading about how your girls are thriving and growing. I love, love, love, your approach to parenting hurt children and view it as a wonderful model. I came across the horrific web site/book awhile back when a lovely woman had to change her blog title as it used a similar title and she did not want to be associated with that man in any way.

I am a psychiatrist and know a fair amount about how to raise children with serious personality disorders and trauma. Interestingly it is by parenting in exactly the way this man suggests. For the parent to be both the object of fear and of "protection" (who else does the child have?) creates a child who can never trust, never be sure, who equates love with violence etc.

In terms of adopted children, a wonderful friend of mine says that many of our children have been starved, beaten, ignored, neglected, even sexually assaulted. You think any punishment you dish out is going to have an effect? Your approach of loving natural consequences, labelling the child's feelings for her, loving, reassuring, NOT hurting ever, focusing on repair and restoration is exactly what every child needs.

I do not share your religious beliefs. I fact I am not very religious at all. However, I have great respect for all people of any faith who live their faith in goodness and kindness, who can interpret their scripture in the most loving, inclusive and tolerant manner as you seem to. People like this man and others frighten me. It is the source of so much of the cruelty and horror int he world. Thank you for your comments repudiating him.

Enjoy your beautiful daughters.

All the best,

Ellen

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you so much Ellen. :)
I really do appreciate your comment.

Holly said...

I wish Ellen's comment had a *like* button.

Definitely very, very scary. :/

I can't help wondering how many more poor children are going to end up injured or killed before Michael Pearl and co. catch on (if they ever do!) that their "advice" is BAD.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin