His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Miss Broody Britches.....aka Midnight

We gave an unplanned Science Experiment! They are usually the best kind!  We have a chicken who has gone broody.  Today is her second day of sitting on eggs.  She has 4 of them.   So during the month we will document her behavior which is mostly..... brooding. LOL
We will document how often she gets up to stretch and we will hopefully watch the chicks hatch out of their shells.   The average chicken sits for 21 days before eggs hatch.... I'll post updates and hopefully catch the process on video when they are ready to come into the world. :)

3 comments:

:)De said...

We here at MHS are excited to join in with your experiment and have invited ourselves along for the journey. LOL! We can't wait!

Mike and Christie said...

Welcome aboard MHS! :) I'll try to update 1x a week. :)

Hevel said...

So exciting! I miss having chickens! Keep us updated on the progress!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin