His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baking Cookies With Alli and Sarah

Alli and Sarah asked if they could bake cookies.  I let them take over to see what would happen.....
Probably not the best way to teach. LOL
So, they found a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies and did a pretty good job of following the instructions.

They put them in the oven, and then..... they ran outside to play...??? 






So I had this dilemma.
Do I say nothing and let the cookies burn to a crisp....
Do I say, HEY COME AND GET YOUR COOKIES!
Do I get the cookies out myself???

I decided to do something in between, since I offered no instruction in the first place.  My fault.
video
And the cookies turned out pretty good!
Next lesson will be in how much cookie dough to use.... LOL


5 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

I always wished my trees were big enough to clime!

Chris said...

get one of those tiny ice cream scoops ( I think it's really for melons). Works beautifully to keep the cookies uniform

Mike and Christie said...

That is a really great idea!

:)De said...

that was a gentle and helpful reminder. I loved the looks on their faces. Ha!

Holly said...

LOL! I like your subtle hint!

I also like the one gigantic cookie, and all the other little ones around it. The ice cream scoop is a good idea!

AND...now I really wish I had peanut butter cookies. 10:39pm = too late for baking, sadly. :P

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin