His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Anna says she is "Jumping off the walls with excitement!"


I have three little mischevious girls keeping secrets around here.:) They are full of joy and excitement at being able to go to the store with daddy and pick out a surprise. They have been running around and sneaking around with blankets on their heads... I assume so I can't read their lips? Not sure. LOL

As we were sitting around talking today, I told them, "Mommy doesn't need anything special", every day is Mother's day. You bring me joy every day. They were like, "BUT MAMA! WE WANT TO!"

And you know what? I think it is good for them to want to and equally good for me to receive their good and precious gifts. Giving goes both ways. Receiving gifts with graciousness is a way of giving back. It makes the person who gave the gift feel so special; and they are!

I do not like obligation, and I think many times days like this cause obligation or heartache for those who are struggling with relationships. I can relate to it actually.
So I have mixed emotions about Mother's day. For those who are reminded of infertility, I feel pain for them. For those who are blessed with children, I feel joy for them. For those in bad relationships with parents, I feel sadness for them. For those who have great relationships with their parents, I am happy they are celebrating with family! And for those who's children cannot yet let go and fully give themselves over to their moms, I feel like being a cheerleader yelling, "IT WILL HAPPEN!" The time will come, and it will happen for them too. But the great thing is, it won't just happen as a Mother's Day Obligation. You will know when it happens and it will be a precious gift. The MOST precious gift. The gift of reciprocal love.

6 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

I have just been notified that they are playing Africans. LOL
Though, they are keeping secrets. They admitted that too. :)

Rebecca said...

haha...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to the best mother in law a woman could have. =)

hugs,
Becca

Mike and Christie said...

Happy Mother's Day Becca. I love you.
You are a great Daughter. :)

Lorraine said...

Um what is Anna wearing in that first picture? Happy Mothers day, how blessed you are to get to do it all again when your first set have grown up!

Mike and Christie said...

PJ's with a tshirt underneath.:)

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day! Great post!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin