His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beyond Consequences Logic and Control

A nice person has asked that I label posts having to do with BCLC parenting methods with BCLC. I promise to try. :) Most of the parenting posts or attachment type posts or even adoption posts have to do with this type of thinking. But I will go back and try to label as I go. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

11 comments:

JJ said...

Dr. Tim Kimmel, the founder of Family Matters, held a parenting seminar at our church based his book, Raising Truly Great Kids. He talked about parenting as journey in which we help our children discover their abilities, within the safety net of an encouraging and forgiving home.

I told Dr. Kimmel that the Grace-based parenting paradigm he describes is what I also see at the heart of Heather Forbes' BCLC which has been effective in reaching children with traumatic pasts. He, too, talks about childhood hurts becoming parenting pitfalls...and of the need for parents to heal in order to parent children who can enjoy the adventure of growing up and discovering the truly great person God designed them to be.

This seminar was an answer to my prayer to help me better parent our son in a BCLC way. You can check him out at: http://www.familymatters.net

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks JJ,
I'll do that! :)

Mike and Christie said...

Hey JJ,

Just ordered to books, and one for each daughter in law too for Mother's Day. :)

JJ said...

WOOHOO! Your grandchildren will one day thank you...AND they won't need therapy to recover from how they were parented, lol.

The Noelles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Noelles said...

Mom what is BCLC,
ANNA

Mike and Christie said...

BCLC is a surprise coming up.
BETTER CAREFULLY LOVE CHOCOLATE! :)

Mike and Christie said...

Actually I think it stands for

BIG CHUNKS, LOADED CHOCOLATE! YUM!
I can't wait for the conference!
I'll bring some home! :)

Mike and Christie said...

Oh now I remember,

It is BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE LOTSA CHOCOLATE!
I'll still bring some home for you. :)

JJ said...

I thought it meant Behave, Children, Like Christ. :-))

Kristine said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on our blog...I have followed along with your story and your girls on FRUA and I have to tell you I admire you so much and I think you and your girls are just incredible.

Kristine

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin