His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Indescribable


My precious husband and I were talking this morning about our week. We were talking about our relationship with Christ,and the vast gap between us and God.

He is the creator, we are His created beings.
He put the Sun, the Moon, the Stars into place. I can't comprehend in my finite mind the 93,000,000 million miles just between the earth and our closest star, the Sun. (on a side note, that is a smaller number than the budget of our country this year, but that is another thought that is hard to fathom :))

And yet, I find myself in relationship with God. It is amazing that as a person, born dead in treaspasses and sin, is called to come alive in Christ. That relationship is not about getting a "get outta hell free card". It is not a die and go to heaven relationship, though eternity with Christ is in the end. It is about the molding and shaping and changing of our hearts to be conformed and renewed.

Romans 12:1-2
I appeal to you brothers, therefore by the mercies of God to present bodies as a living sacrifice, holy nad acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
And do notbe conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that by testing, you may discern what is the will of godk, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Oh how I love that passage.

We are not to remain as we are in our sinful states, though we will never be fully without sin, while we remain in our unperfected flesh. But we, because we abide in the Vine, will be transormed and be able for the first time to RESIST sin. When we were dead in our sin, we had no choice but to sin. But when we are alive in Christ, we are free to not sin! Isn't that great! Though it is a struggle, a great internal struggle, as we surrender our lives and humble ourselves, our hearts are truly changed. As we submit ourselves to God and seek him in Prayer, we change.
Ephesians 2:10
We are his workmanship, created for Good works in Christ Jesus, that he prepared before-hand that we should walk in them.

Our faith is ALIVE and continually growing. It is exciting.

In Christ's prayer to the Father, He says, ...Forgive us our treaspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us....

He doesn't ask for specific things, but asks for God's will to be done, and for the deliverance from evil and temptation.

God uses all things in our lives, as we are yielded to Him to teach us, break us, mold us and shape us.
So we can thank Him for the mountains, and we can thank him for the valleys and we can thank Him for the trials He brings us through. For if we never have a problem, we wouldn't exercise our faith that God can deliver us through the fire.

Isaiah 43:1-3
Is my life verse. My mother in law purchased me a wonderful Bible when I was young.It was my very first study bible, and I lived in it while being tried by Fire, for years. I bathed myself in it, with no sign of delivery, but I knew delivery would come.

Here it is: If you are going through testing or trial. Be encouraged:

Fear Not! For I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers
they shall not overwhelm you, when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God the Holy One of Israel, your savior.

Wow... I still get chills reading that.
It is so easy in our human flesh to take our eyes off of the goal and race set before us.
And that brings us to repentence.
Romans 2:4 says that it is God's kindness that leads us to repentence.

Ephesians 2:7-8-9 says, so that in the coming ages, He might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by GRACE you have been saved, through FAITH. And it is NOT YOUR OWN DOING, it is the GIFT OF GOD, not as a resul of works, so that NO ONE CAN BOAST.

Oh Lord, Help me to keep my eyes firmly planted towards you. Help me to not look to the left or to the right. Help me to not be distracted by the cares or hurts of this world, but help me to be renewed in my heart and spirit. Help me to see the beam in my own eye instead of the speck in my brothers eye. Fill me with your love and kindness and to live and breath the fruits of your spirit, which are Love,Joy, Peace and Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control.
Help me to pursue the way of love in all things. I was blinded by pain and could not see clearly, yet you rescued me and delivered me and have brought me to a place of peace and rest. I am so thankful for the solid rock on which I stand; so truly thankful.
Amen

1Corinthians 13:4-8 just the first part of 8. :)
Love is patient and kind, love does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love Never Ends.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin