His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Devotions, Fire Fly Catchin' and Miss Kittie Winkle Update

It was a great day today. The girls finished their English book. They have 1/2 lesson left in history and 1 in science. We are winding down. During the summer time, we plan to work on Hand writing, spelling and math.

I am letting the girls stay up a little later. They have been so great. I have watched them just SHINING lately.

Last night we continued in our devotions in the Proverbs. Each of the girls listened and participated intently. They each prayed the most precious prayers, pouring their little hearts out to our Lord. It was a wonderful sight to see.

Erika thanked the Lord that she had been in the orphanage for 7 plus years and then adopted, because had she not, she may not have heard about Jesus. It was a precious time.

Miss Kittie Winkle is doing fabulous. She started eating Solid foods yesterday, but still loves her bottle. She cracks me up laying on her back like a baby. Anna has a way with her. She is the only one besides me who can feed her a bottle. :)




The girls were enjoying the pleasant evening and we are staying up a little later now. I caught a few pics of them enjoying "Fire Fly Catchin'"
Sarah has been looking forward to it all day!



1 comment:

JJ said...

What a sweet time in the lives of of your girls. I am sure you treasure every minute just a little more as they enter the pre-teen years. I know I do.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin