His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request

Please join us in prayer regarding the Upcoming vote in Ukraine that would BAN International Adoption for good. The vote will take place on June 2.

Ukraine is a wonderful, beautiful country with a negative population growth. I think the government is trying all it can to keep people in Ukraine. The problem is, with so many orphans, there is nowhere for them to go. The statistics are dismal. And for the children with special needs, the future is grim at best.

Please pray that God would have His will. If adoptions are not banned that God would move on hearts to bring orphans into a family. If adoptions are banned, that God would move on the hearts of those who can go and serve orphans in their orphanage setting, from Cradle to Graduation.

There is also RUMOR, don't know if it is true, that foreign residents might be limited to 180 days in country at a time. This will make it very, very hard on missionaries.
I am going to contact our friends and see if they have heard anything. Russia passed a similar law a year ago and many missionaries had to leave. Many went into Poland, Ukraine and Romania.

God is in Control.

3 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

G-d is in control even if the law passes. It's just hard for us, mortals to accept and understand His infinite wisdom. But He is in charge, I want to believe that.

:)De said...

How would this effect families that are already in process? I am thinking about sweet Alexsey.

Mike and Christie said...

I don't know.... I'm hoping they are going to let those in process finish, if they vote to close IA.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin