His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 29, 2009

Confession


I don't like Starbucks. Sorry. I just think that coffee is bitter and harsh tasting.
I do like grinding my own beans, preferably Free Trade Kona type coffee. Oh my, it is smooth and gentle.

I usually drink my coffee black, but sometimes I add vanilla while brewing, or sprinkle with cinnamon.

What are some of your fun coffee tricks? I need some ideas. :)

BTW- Sarah drinks 1/4 cup of coffee with 3/4 cup of milk every a.m. to calm her down. :)

6 comments:

Emily Minich said...

Mom, try something other than coffee! Their coffee is nasty. Yucky! I get the tea, as you know, and it is so smooth and delicious!

ann clary said...

Have you tried Dr Pepper? It's so yummy. Put 10/10 DP and 0/0 coffee. You can add vanilla if you like. It is good that way, too!
;-P

Anonymous said...

I put a few shakes of salt over the grounds, takes out any bitter taste. :-)

Melissa E. said...

I put hot chocolate mix into mine and have a sorta-mocha every morning! :-)

bandgeek said...

Don't tell my band teacher that you don't like starbucks! He will freak!

Tereasa said...

My current favourite is to poor my coffee over a glass full of ice. Then I add an eighth of a cup of flavour syrup (french vanilla may be nice) and a little bit of milk. Yu-um!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin