His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daddy Can Do It!


I am the world's worst seamstress. I love the idea of sewing. I love the idea of home made clothing. But I am Mrs. Talentless when it comes to sewing.

On the other hand, Mike is excellent at sewing. Anything that has to do with hands on, he is great at. He is always saying, "It isn't hard!"

He wasn't there when I tried to make Anna a Sunday Dress, with one of those SUPER EZY patterns that claim, you'll have it done in 2 hours! Well, somebody will, but not me!

Instead, after 5 hours, with only 4 pieces to put together and no gathers, and the 4th time sewing the lining on backwards, then upside down, then right side on the wrong side, and taking it out with that seam ripper thingy, I finally collapsed in a pile of tears. "I'm not domestic! I'm a wanna be a domestic person!"

Erika can knit and I didn't even show her how! LOL.... I have a feeling she will be our little seamstress.


Anna has had a pair of pants and a skirt that need repair, sitting on my sewing machine aka dust collector, for 6 months!
Yesterday morning, she asked about me mending them. I must have given her a really pained look as she was witness to me trying to make her a dress. :)

She said, Never mind, I'll go ask dad he can do it! LOL

1 comment:

Muddled Muse said...

"Paste it, Daddy..."

It's so wonderful that the girls have a hero-daddy.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin