His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful

I am sitting here at the hospital, so full of thankfulness tonight.  Mike and the girlies just left. They had a great visit.  Alli is in love with Erika's wheel chair. :)  Anna layed on my feather mattress and hugged it. I think she misses me. :)  Sarah was just happy to be here.  They all greeted Erika and gave her hugs.  She was so happy to see them. 
We feel so loved.  There was a steady stream of visitors from the prosthetics department. :)  And our dear Pastor Justin Wheeler stayed with me for several hours.  We had such a nice time talking about all sorts of things. :)
Most of all, I am so thankful for the prayers today.  We have truly felt them. 

Erika has not peed all day long,  declaring she didn't have to yet...So the nurse came in and said if she didn't produce, she would need to have a catheter..... She asked, "What is that?"  After the description, she peed a gallon on demand. LOL

She has been so funny all day.  She took a movie going down the hall to the surgery floor. She took pictures of her surgeon before they knocked her out. :)  
She needed extra pain meds and asked if she was being too "bossy"..... Um No dear... you are not!

I have a feeling we may be making it home in record time!  I think if she is doing this well tomorrow.... (after getting off of the morphine pump) she may be able to get home by Saturday.  Crossing my fingers!

I am so proud of the girls at home. They did laundry today, folded it and put it away.  They have all done chores and school.  Tomorrow is soccer.... and a friend will pick them up from there.

Thank the Lord for dear friends. :) 


3 comments:

MariaG said...

So great to hear :-)
MariaG (Canada)
xxxo

Chiara Elena said...

Dear Christie, I'm happy everyone is fine and in good spirit. I was thinking about Alli as well. This is the first time she has to stay without mommy for some days since she came home; I hope she will deal ok with it. Hugs an love to my dearest american friends!

Holly said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin