His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, February 10, 2012

Science Project







 Note to self:  clean art cabinet! ugh
Three finished products....
Of course, Anna added a heart to hers. LOL

8 comments:

Claire said...

I just read about a girl called Laurel, she's 15 and a half and has arthrogryposis. If she's not adopted by 16 she'll spend her life in an adult institution. Can you help find her a family?

Claire said...

http://reecesrainbow.org/26309/laurel

Mike and Christie said...

Claire, my heart hurts for these kids. I have also followed two other RR girls. Julia and Victoria. I pray that they get homes too. Victoria also has arthrogryposis. She is beautiful. I could just picture her without her head shaved. Someday..... all their tears will be dried.

Claire said...

Someday.

Mike and Christie said...

It is overwhelming to know how many children need help. We will advocate for them....
I remember when Mike and I went to Ukraine a few years ago, we went to an elderly care facility. While there, we found a young lady who had arthrogryposis. It turned out, she had been there since she turned 16. She was sweet and kind. She was in her 30's. She had been in the exact same orphanage as Erika and Sarah.
Her care was good, but she also never would know the love of a family.
It is overwhelming.

Difference2This1 said...

What a great job they all did on this project!!! I think I will NOT show my girls the photos..I can just hear it now (aawww...how come they got to make clay lungs? We didn't get to make clay lungs..and on and on!). This science course continues to be one of their favorites...we used to attempt a session 2x weekly. I gave up on restricting it and do it as many days a week we can :) We just finished the extended unit on the brain/nervous system (which I think was the most intriguing yet due to the kinds of special needs we have here and fun "try thises"!), moving to the 5 senses on Monday. Love seeing how much work your girls put into this project!!

Holly said...

Wow, how cool are those!? They did awesome jobs!

Kelly said...

Yeah, mom has an apple. But girl, you need to get your self a keyboard! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin