His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alli and Daddy's Birthday


Today is the day!  It is Groundhog's day and Puxatauwny Phil saw his shadow, which means 6 more weeks of winter.   In our case, we havn't had winter YET.

Two very special people have birthdays today.  Mike and Alli. :) 
We now have 2 13 year olds in the house along with 2 twelve year olds.  Wow! :)

Sarah woke up early, because THIS YEAR, she was in charge of the morning fun.  She planned a Sherlock Holmes Birthday hunt. 
Alli got to be Sherlock and Daddy Watson.....:)
They had, and STILL have clues to go through... they even had to translate a note written in an ancient hieroglyph.... and when they couldn't they came to me, "Mrs. Blister" the librarian, who was able to give them a clue to find the code. LOL
 










more to come..... We are having a great day!

6 comments:

:)De said...

Happy Happy Birthday Birthday, Alli and Mike!!!

JJ said...

It is nice to see Alli and Erika in photos together. There is an uncanny resemblance...not in the details of their faces...but I have to look at photos twice sometimes to tell if it is a photo of Erika or Alli!

Mary Grace Biggs said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MariaG said...

Bon Fete! Happy Birthday ... to two very special people! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day :-)
Sarah ... sounds like you did a faboulous job of the scavenger hunt!
MariaG (Canada)

Holly said...

Looks like a great day! I love Alli's card! :)

Milena said...

Happy birthday!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin