His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stop Picking Your Nose!

Well, that is what I heard as a little girl.  And if you want to be REALLY grossed out, I used to eat my boogers. YIKES!  Ok, I have confessed it! That felt good.

When I was a little girl, that was something I did.  It really bothered me that I did that, and when I was around 10 or 11, I vowed to stop!  It was  a real personal challenge for me. It sounds so silly, but it was true. I was broken hearted when I would fail.  I prayed one day about it and asked the Lord to help me, and I believe he did.  I am happy to say, I am no longer a nose picking booger eater! :)

And why have I told all of bloggy world about this? 
Because yesterday, Miss Alli and I went for a drive to have a talk about this year and all the progress she has made,  along with some changes that NEED to be made.  I wrote a little bit about it a few posts down. 
She really opened up and we had a great time.  So as she was sharing about  her own frustration with herself when she fails,  I decided it was time to come clean. :)
I told my "very shocked" daughter about my past indiscretions as she tried not to snicker....and then I told her....
To Make yourself stop doing something you don't want to do, is just like stopping picking your nose and eating your boogers!  You just stop.

She thought about that for a while, and then we pinky promised.  :)



(I just told the girls, no laughing about this blog post.... Sarah said, what is it about?  Alli said, "picking your nose?  Sarah said, "who"?  Alli, "Mom"... Sarah, "Who's nose did she pick?" LOL

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin