His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Alli and Daddy Date Night

Well, here they are after they came home. :) 
I love it that Mike takes the girls out one on one each Thursday night.   We started with me taking them out one on one, once a month.... Dad felt like he was missing out, so he decided to set apart Thursday Nights. 
It has been a REAL HIT with the girlies. :)
Tonight, they went to a few stores and to dinner.   I think they had a WONDERFUL time! :)
Sarah and Alli picked out what she would wear, and Erika and Alli picked what daddy would wear. Oh my, this is SO different from boys! :)
I am sooooo PROUD of my Alli. :)

4 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh I love this! I wish my sweetie didn't have such a long commute so he could do this. How fun!

Holly said...

Looks like they had fun!
Keep on doing this and one day Mike will have 24 year old daughters who still enjoy spending time with him. My dad does. ;)

Hevel Cohen said...

I love this tradition of yours! We try to spend as much one-on-one with the kids as we can, but it has to be ad hoc, simply because our lives are so hectic nowadays.

Kelly said...

I do this with our boys. Usually it is a breakfast or a smoothie. The time together, one on one, is invaluable. Great stuff. Kelly

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin