His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Finger Lesson

If you look at this hand.... my hand... what do you see?  When we accuse others, or ASSUME we know how they think or what they feel, there is one finger pointed at the person, but there are THREE fingers pointed right back at YOU... the accuser.

This has helped not just ME, but our girls to be very careful with their words.  Words have a way of coming back at you.... and we want to be the kind of people who think and speak the best of others.

This lesson came in very handy yesterday.  It is also a reminder for me.  Don't just speak kindly, THINK kindly.  Don't let your words devour each other.  Let them encompass and embrace each other, supporting each other in love.

1 comment:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Good lesson! 2 of my girls often accuse 1 girl all.the.time. I think its because she has been here the longest- but it breaks my heart. Thankfully the one they accuse is honest to a fault, so I can trust her answer :) but I will be sure to use this lesson with the 2 accusers.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin