His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Back from Camp Part 2

video
The swing.

On the way to camp, Alli began to cry quietly as she sat in the back seat.  We asked her if she was ok, and she said yes, but she felt a little scared. She moved over closer to Erika and they snuggled the rest of the way. 
I was a little worried that she might not handle the event and all the excitement well. But I didn't have anything to worry about. She instantly made some new friends and they were off to play.  She had a GREAT time!
The other girls did too. It always takes Miss Anna a while to warm up, but she found herself having a wonderful time too.
I love watching all the kids interact.

There is always a transition to be had when you leave a place like that. It is so engaging the entire time you are there, and then, it is back to the real world.... We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home.  Miss Alli got a little irritated at the table, and I knew it was her struggling to transition back.  So we went outside and borrowed one of THEIR Rocking chairs! LOL  It kinda cracked me up that we seem to be able to find rocking chairs wherever we go. :)
We sat outside for a few minutes and I prayed with her and all was better. She had misunderstood something somebody said.   We had a really nice lunch and then finished off our trip with loads of giggles and memories.
Of course, they are already planning for next year. :)

I just want to say, Peaceable Kingdom Retreat is an AMAZING PLACE. The giving hearts of the staff and volunteers brings tears to my eyes, that they would care so much about making sure our kids have the opportunity to have a successful camping experience without the stares and glares and questions from the general public.
It is also a great opportunity for all the parents to get together and talk and enjoy each others' company.
It was really nice!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad that all the girlies had a good time. Those transitions are still tough on Little Miss Sunshine, but she's doing better everyday with them. Blessings, Kelly

:)De said...

I was holding my breath for Alli and when she let go I cheered out loud for her. Glad you all had such a great and safe time.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin