His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, February 6, 2012

Mommy, How Many?

Miss Alli asked at the dinner table tonight, "Mommy, how many good days have I had this year, vs. bad days?
Today was a good day!  Daddy and I looked at each other and thought about it.  We BOTH came to the conclusion that she has had WAY more good days than bad days, and we told her, out of 340 (soon to be 365) days in the year, we have maybe had 60 bad days.  But not even bad all day days.  Just where stuff like the other day happened. 
We both said, "Wow! When you put that in perspective, you have had a really awesome first year!"  She was so proud of herself and declared an even better year to come. :)  Giving her a sense of team work, instead of controlling her is so helpful.

Everybody was at the table and we all re declared our love for her, and she beamed. :)  She had a little food left on her plate and said she was full.  Erika got up from her place and went over to Alli and fed her the rest of her food. :)  I think she liked that. :)  Sometimes they love to play mama and baby.  I don't mind. The food was eaten and not wasted and they had some sister bonding time. :)

Silly girls. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin