His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, February 26, 2012

LOVE

We have been through a very tough week around here.  Circumstances took over our lives.  Yet, The Lord was Faithful to ALL of us.  Each of us had difficulties to face, personal mountains to climb, different, yet the same. 
I had to concentrate on Erika, away from home. I poured my love into her as she faced some scary things.  My heart was also at home as the other girls were without us.  I worried, "How will they do with us gone?" Alli was very scared at the notion of Erika having surgery and us being gone.
Anna always misses us when we leave, and she had to be the big sister this time.  Sarah, well Sarah is just Sarah. :)  And then Daddy had to hold everything together.
Our dear friends also LOVED on us and took the girls each day so that Mike could work and I could relax.
What amazed me, was that everybody pulled together.  Anna stepped up to the plate, and filled those very big shoes.  Alli responded positively and trusted the Lord to get her through the rest of the week without us.   Mike was patient and kind with the girls, and managed to talk with Erika on the phone too. 
They each did THEIR part in the family, so that Erika and I could concentrate on the surgery aspect of life last week.  What a BLESSING they were to us!  They EACH showed TRUE LOVE and support for each other and for us.  I am so thankful.  My girls truly exemplified Corinthians 13 this week.
We should never lose sight of the incredible result of TRUE LOVE. 

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious or puffed up. It does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in TRUTH. Love BEARS all things, HOPES all things, ENDURES all things. LOVE NEVER FAILS.



And as our Pastor this morning so eloquently spoke about love and what it TRULY looks like... I was encouraged.  (Erika insisted on going to services this a.m.)
True love does not find joy in another person's failure.  It does not wish for another to have hardship. It truly is KIND and ENCOURAGING.... In the End.... the only thing that will last, when we get to the other side..... "LOVE".  The true kind.
 Our sleeping angel.  She is in our room right now, just in case she wakes up in pain or needs the bathroom.  I just love my sweetie.

6 comments:

Holly said...

So glad to read this post, and see that things are still going really well for all of you. :)

Chiara Elena said...

In my ridiculous experience with children (I have almost none) I've often noticed that when they are asked to behave like adults because of circumstances, they step up and cope with things beautifully. This week will be also a great experience for Alli, Anna and Sarah to gain confidence in themselves - I can do things properly, I can take care of myself, behave well and be happy at the same time.

Annie said...

She is such a beautiful girl. I'm so glad everyone was able to respond in love. Especially Alli that is huge - but "perfect love casts out fear"! I'm so glad she was able to let her fear be canceled out.

Michelle said...

So sweet! This pdate really touched my heart. Love your family!!

Erika Minich said...

Thank you mom.



Erika Minich

Mike and Christie said...

You are welcome sweet baby! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin