His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night

We had a wonderful evening with friends.  We watched Courageous tonight. It was a really good movie.  Alli was so funny.... She got up and passed kleenix out for everybody. :)
Then, after the movie was over, the girls went out on the porch to play.  The dress up trunk fell down on her arm and gave her a big scrape!
She came in quietly, and was looking for ice for her arm.
I asked her what happened and she said, "Oh, nothing!"
I asked her to let me see, and she did.  She had a scrape on 2 parts of her arm and explained what happened. 
I said, "Mama needs to take care of you."
She said,"Oh mama....Ok..."
And I put peroxide on the scrape and cleaned it off.
Then, Daddy and I kissed her boo boo. :)  She had never heard of a boo boo. LOL
She had also not had anybody kiss a wound. :(
She liked it. :)
Even though she is 12, she still needs us to kiss her boo boos, at least once, because before, nobody did.
I love adopting older kids!
There are SOOO MANY FIRSTS that they will remember. :)

2 comments:

mommajeane said...

I love the older ones too ! So many blessings watching them overcome, discover and be who they were meant to be.

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I will never forget the first time I was talking to AG about an issue that happened at school. I suggested telling an adult as a possible solution and she looked at me like I had 10 heads. WHY WOULD I DO THAT!?! She had never had anyone be on her side, never had anyone who would stand up for her and protect her.
Its very rewarding parenting these older kiddos. Gaining their trust. Showing them love.
Im so glad your Alli has y'all now, to kiss her boo boo's. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin