His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Will Not Leave You As Orphans...


In John Chapter 14: Jesus says, "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come for you!  Kelly in Toll for Thee says, " Jesus is saying there is no greater pain than being an orphan and he will not leave us like that."
The pain of being an orphan is GREAT!  Each of our girls have told us of times of crying themselves to sleep.  They have told us of not understanding where mommy and daddy were, or WHAT mommy and daddy were, and they were terribly sad about not having one.  Not just terribly sad, but physically longing....

 Jesus comforted his disciples, who were adults, that HE would not leave them as orphans....  That gives me much contemplation about the plight of the orphan.
My childhood was not great, but I was not orphaned.  I cannot imagine being all alone, rejected, totally ALONE in a very scary world!

The pain of orphanhood is on my mind tonight.  Those who have come home recently are also on my mind. :)  So many this year! So many that I personally know is just a drop in the bucket of the orphans in this world.

It breaks my heart that millions of orphans will cry themselves to sleep tonight.  But it makes my heart happy that 4 of them... will sleep peacefully and happily. 

At the same time, I am overwhelmed with the children left behind. 
Are you one of those who are supposed to adopt? Are you one of those who are supposed to help somebody else adopt??

Each person involved in adoption is so important!  Who are you?


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Christie,

I received an email from a woman who prayed for Alina everyday until she found her home.

Even if a family cannot adopt, they can find any number of websites with waiting children, pick one, and pray for that child every day.

Print the picture, laminate it, put it on the fridge, on the kitchen table, in your bible.

This is one simple thing that all Christians can do to help orphans, because the power of prayer is mighty.

This is faith in action...

Blessings, Kelly

Ps- thanks for the link.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin