His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 29, 2011

As This Year Comes To A Close....


I have so very much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my hard working husband. I am thankful for all 8 of our children, 4 daughter's in law, 10 grand children (one in the oven still) and all of our friends and family who have loved on us and supported us this year.

I am thankful to the Lord for His Mercy and Grace in our lives. What an amazing ride we have been on this year.  We have had excitement and heartbreak, joy and sadness,  triumph and tragedy....  and HE has been with us through it all.

We dearly miss Grampa and Gramma and Uncle Jim.  Holidays are so different without them. :(  But we know that they would be very happy that we are carrying on our lives here as we should. 
We have met new friends and reunited with old ones.  

The joy and richness of life has been palpable.  I love it that there has been change in my heart for the better, and that Miss Alli was able to get deep into my hidden closet of hurts, draw them out and cause me to have to face them.  Thank you Alli! :)

I have much more to face about myself in the coming years, I am sure.

One of the highlights this week was talking to My Dabba; my other mom.  She is 91 and doing OH SO WELL! We are so far apart, but when we talk, it is if we were always talking all along.  She is so dear and special to me.  We easily express our love for each other.  I owe her so very much.

I am Thankful for our church body, where we have only been for 2 1/2 years.  It was a hard decision to change, but it was the right decision.  Our pastor, Justin Wheeler is a fantastic teacher and I have learned so much from him.

I am thankful for those of you in the adoption community that have encouraged us, written comments on the blog and called or written private letters.  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

As we come upon  2012, we face the unknown, as does everybody!  2011 has not been an easy year, but it has been  a RICH year; not in money but in LOVE.

I honestly cannot believe it is almost 2012!  Miss Alli has been home almost 10 months!  She has a birthday coming up in February, on the same day as Mike. :) 

The Lord will give us the grace to go through whatever life throws at us this year.  I am thankful to be a small part of the Body of Christ. 

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You and give you a Peaceful, Happy and Prosperous New Year!

And Remember Love NEVER Fails! Never EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER give up! Never EVER, EVER, EVER! :)   Perfect LOVE Casts out all fear!  True Love is Unconditional, or it is not love, it is something else.  Life is pain.... anybody who says different is selling something! :)  KIDS CAN AND DO HEAL FROM TRAUMA! Don't forget to forgive, as you have been forgiven MUCH!
                                                                   Happy New Year! 
Love,
Christie M

1 comment:

Hevel Cohen said...

Hoping 2012 will be the best year ever! In a way, it always is...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin