His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Austin Trip

WOW! What a doozie of a trip! The girls and I left at 8:00 this a.m. and got home at 8:00 tonight!
We had fun though....
I love long car rides anyway.  It is close to a 4 hour drive to Austin.  The weather was not so great today, so we ran into lots of rain, which really slowed us down on the way home.  I followed an 18 wheeler for about an hour and a half because I could barely see where we were going!

When you have paperwork apostilled,  you have to go to the State Department.  It was directly across the street from the Capitol Building.  I think that building is quite lovely. :)
 Erika wasn't too thrilled with the back seat, early in the morning on the way there. :)  But she was a good sport. After all, there are two teenagers in the house now. :)
 Sarah and Alli played with magnetic dolls.
 Anna was thrilled we were finally eating! Cracker Barrel hit the spot. :)
 I was thrilled I did that silly thing with the pegs that made me a NON ignoramous! :)
 Alli was happy we were getting to eat at the same place we ate at in North Carolina!  She loves their mashed potatoes.
 Erika took some pictures of the buildings.... This is the top of the Capitol Building.






 I was THRILLED that those reports have been Fed Ex'd to the translator and we are finished with our first of 4 reports. :) 
We were ALL so glad to get home! It was a fun trip.....

3 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

So how was it? I'd like to visit the capital someday again. Josiah used to work there but he dint keep the job. I loved Austin (and San Antonio) but I had my fill of Mexican food for the year....

Mary Grace Biggs said...

P.S. OUR WHOLE FAMILY ADORES CRACKER BARREL!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Annie said...

Post Placement reports must vary by region. We had to do three, one each year, but in the case of a disruption, it doesn't start over. So we did one when we had Maxim. Presumably each of his previous families did one, too. THAT must have set adoption back a bit.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin