His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Alli Funny for the Month

Today, everybody was outside and I decided to try and practice a song I am learning  for the Christmas program.   It is a work in progress.... but while I was practicing, Alli came back with Sarah from her walk. She had no idea I was recording it so I could catch all the bad spots.   She came in at perfect timing of "You're here! I'm holding you so near!".... I could barely keep it together. She broke into dancing. (wish you could see it from the video, then proceeded to hand me mail, hold my nose to see how I could sound differently, and then finally realized that the red light on the camera was on.  So : Presenting Alli, ala' natural! :) (she appears at minute 2:05, if you want to skip all that singing) :)
Lots of work to do before Christmas!
video

6 comments:

:)De said...

so sweet! and from the last post... I am so glad that she feels so safe at night that you can walk into her room and she can sleep through it. My last foster kid would startle every time I stepped in the room to check on them.

Holly said...

Hahaha that's priceless! :D

JJ said...

De, our newly adopted 13 y.o. son can now be awakened without a startled response. It IS am important milestone, IMO!

CM...how I wish I were THERE! :(

It was nice to FEEL like I were there with you thru this video, though! Glad Alli is doing SO well.

Watching this, I was thinking that if no one else steps forward to write a story about your life, I am going to have to roll up my sleeves and get to work on a script myself.

<3 you, Sister!
{{Hugs}}
JJ

Annie said...

OH,so, so sweet.....she is obviously so happy with you.

Callie said...

So cute! And I think you have a beautiful voice! What is the name of that song?

Mike and Christie said...

The name of the song is You're Here by Francesca Battestelli.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin