His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus Of Nazareth

One of the movies we watch during Christmas and Easter is Jesus Of Nazareth.  This is a fantastic movie. It is LONG.... over 4 hours, so we break it up over several days. I love how they interpreted the account of Luke.
I remember watching this with the boys when they were younger too.  It is so fun to keep the traditions we had with the boys, for the girls. :)

If you ever have a chance to see it, I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Hmmm... what I wonder is why Jesus has blue eyes if He's suppose to be from Nazareth. They probably had dark brown eyes and darkish skin.

Mike and Christie said...

Who knows? I have seen Jewish people with blue eyes and darker skin. I think the actor was picked on his ability to act. :) Somehow Jim Carey wouldn't quite fit that part. LOL

JJ said...

I didn't know that you also like to watch movies in French. Been keeping a secret, eh? Hee hee.

Mike and Christie said...

HAHAHA! I saw that too, but was too lazy to go find the English version. :)

Hevel Cohen said...

Jews of Middle Eastern origins rarely have blue eyes, but it's not unheard of. The blue eyes usually happen with Ashkenazi Jews, due to lots of mixing over the centuries.

Robert Powell was a great choice as a great actor, but of course, he, and pretty much the rest of the cast, didn't look Middle Eastern. To be honest, if we are looking for authenticity in looks, a Mizrahi Jewish actor would have been the way to go, but I doubt any of them would have ever played Yeshua. They do play tons of Arab terrorists in Hollywood, but really, playing Jesus in fimls like this borders blasphemy for the observant Jew.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin