His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Christmas Concert

Tonight, we headed to Highland Park Presbyterian Church to see the Getty's Christmas Concert.  To say we had a good time is an UNDERSTATEMENT! We had a GREAT time!

The music was just fantastic. I LOVE Irish Music.  The instruments are so interesting and the Irish Pipes are beautiful. 
I have to say, They really ROCKED!  We had so much fun. The girlies broke into dance and the audience participated in many of the songs. 

Everybody got dressed up for the occasion. We also looked at all the fabulous Christmas lights on the way home.
We took our car, so there were 3 in the back and 3 in the front. Alli sat in the front between mom and dad.  She snuggled in and all the way there and all the way home, she was just glowing with joy. :)
It was precious to see.

She is really enjoying all the events of her first Christmas home!

One really COOL thing that happened was that we were able to talk to  the American Guitar Player.... and He and his wife are hosting a child from Ukraine for Christmas! :)  It was fun to talk with him about adoption.
After the concert, the Irish players had a jam session for about 30 minutes for anybody who wanted to stay. It was such a great atmosphere of joyful expression. :)

On the way home, the girls were all saying what a wonderful time they had.  I am REALLY glad we went. :)

5 comments:

Holly said...

Awesome video! Very Christmassy. :)

I'm a pretty big fan of Celtic Woman, you should look into them if you haven't already. :)

Jo's Corner said...

Oh, those cookie pictures are so sweet! No pun intended! really! The GIRLS are sweet! I wish I was there to decorate them with the girls and sing Christmas Carols! Hug the girls for me! ~ Jo

Kristin said...

Hello! I am a new reader to this blog, and I have a question for you concerning Erika. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but you mentioned that she couldn't bend at the waist. How does she sit when eating or in the car? I hope it's not too personal. Thank you!

Mike and Christie said...

Hi Kristen, welcome to the blog. :)
Erika has about 15% movement. She prefers to stand. She stood at the concert. At restaurants, sometimes she stands, or we get a booth and she has to lean way back. She'll put her leg against the leg of the table so she doesn't slip. At home, she balances on the edge of a stool or chair and leans forward. The car is tricky. She has to lay backwards, drag her entire body into the car and then swing her legs with the seat all the way back so she can fit in. In a compact car, she has to remove her legs and put them on when we get there. (she wears prosthetics, in case you didn't know) :)

Nataly said...

Sounds like a great time!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin