His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2012


This year has been a whirlwind of activity.  I did really good on some of my new year's resolutions from last year.  I kept my promise that I will not use paper plates, and we haven't.  :)  I am still gluten free and have learned to cook even more gluten free recipes that are delicious and healthy.

I have had some big fat failures:  Working more in the business, writing and staying away from coke.

I see resolutions as a good thing. If you have nothing to strive towards, you won't strive. :)

So I'm starting my list. I hope to achieve all of it, with the help of the Lord.

My number one resolution after : To spend more time in bible study, reflection and prayer,
is to help out more with the business.
To get the taxes filed early.
To transfer all our mail from the P.O. box to the regular address.
To write and COMPLETE my writing project.
To spend LESS time on social media, and more time being productive.

To exercise at least 3 times a week.
To get at LEAST ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY COMPLETED each and every day. (that includes folded and put away)  That means, no more rewashing the load I forgot to get out of the washer the night before.
To PLAN and STICK TO a SERIOUS budget. 
To write letters to prisoners.
To join in active ministry with orphans.
To start and continue an adoption support group.
To be a better teacher.
Learning more chords on the banjo.
that's the begining....


What are some of yours?

3 comments:

Christine said...

You inspire me! What a great list!

Mike and Christie said...

De, I think I lost your comment. Sorry. :)

One more thing I did last year, was change over to an electronic calendar on the computer. We use Thunderbird for email. There is a great planning calendar to use and it has alarms and event planning. LOVE IT! Have not bought a paper calendar and find this one VERY usable. :)

Hevel Cohen said...

My major resolutions are that to have at least one photo taken of me that I'm willing to share with strangers, to stop running from the previous family and to go more paper fre in my work.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin