His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, December 3, 2011

JOY!

There is a certain joy that comes from the gift of children.  I remember when my guys were little I enjoyed them so very much.  That has not changed abit!  I enjoy them now too. They will always be cute, and funny and sweet. :)  We had 4 boys in 4 years and 9 months.  Two of them were less than a year apart and they grew up together in a sort of "herd". :)  All little, all elementary and then quickly all teens. What a JOY to have 4 teen age boys in the house at the same time!  They had a variety pack of personalities and needs just like any kids do.  We had IEP's and walkers and wheelchairs around....casts, stitches and surgeries;  but most of all we had joy. :)

So now it is the girls turn.  They are even closer in age. For girls within 20 months of each other. Two are now teens and the others will follow rapidly. They too are growing up in a rather "lady like herd". :)
Once again, we have special needs around. Instead of walkers, we have extra body parts, sometimes a wheel chair, casts, surgeries and stitches, and even a handicap placard so Erika can open her door wide enough to get out of the car and back in.  But most of all, we have joy!

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Joy is the greatest word about kids. :D

Holly said...

Heheh I really like your "ladylike herd". :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin