His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, August 4, 2008

Reflections of a Sinner Saved by Grace

When we were at camp last week, a young man began to play the piano and sing.
"Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound, that Saved a Wretch Like Me!"

This young man, is Autistic, blind, and has multiple limb loss. Both lower legs and both arms are effected. How can he play the piano? I don't know, but he can, and played it beautifully.

I looked at him and thought..... I don't see a wretch. I see such a pure individual.
Yet, God has revealed to him his true nature, and he has received salvation.

I am a wretch. NOT HIM! The truth is, we are all blind, and naked, and we are all wretched individuals, apart from Christ.

I am so thankful that in my wretched state, God saw fit to reveal himself and opened my deaf ears and caused my blind eyes to see.

He continues to prune me, break me, and throw the bundles of chaff that my life produces into the fire in order to be refined.
Oh how patient He is........

Would I be singing amazing grace if I were physically blind? How about if I didn't have my arms or legs? How about if I were crippled? What about if I were destitute? What if I lived in a war torn country?

I have not had these experiences,(besides being destitute for a while) but I have had plenty of experience God has chosen to bring my way. He causes the rain to fall upon each individual to bring about his specific purpose in each person's life.

I pray that the rest of my life will reflect that Amazing Grace that he has so abundantly poured into me.

I put a link to a very special web site of a young man who has come to know the Amazing Grace of our Lord Jesus. http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin