His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Animal Disaster 102

101 happened last year when Coyotes ate our sheep and turkeys.

We learned from that experience that they must be locked up at night to protect them, and the girls have faithfully without question for over a year, kept all animals protected at night.

However, the shelter we have for our turkeys as about a 2 inch space around the bottom for cleaning and air ventilation. Apparently that was enough for some creature in the middle of the night last night to eat several sleeping turkeys. They lean against the walls when they sleep sometimes and what every it was was able to get to them from the outside.

The disaster wasn't as bad as last year, as only 5 turkeys were eaten or killed, one we will have to put down and the bigger ones are fine, and the goats are ok, however, I am finished with farm animals.

That is how I feel right now. The cost to raise them, and care for them, and then kill them and store them is just outweighed by the end result.

While I find it great experience for the girls, I'm not sure if farm animals are the answer.

Searching for wisdom, and not looking forward to todays slaughter to protect our food.

2 comments:

bandgeekrox said...

Maybe it's Bob(the cat)

JJ said...

I feel so bad about the turkey situation! It makes me think of the Bible verse about Satan roaming about like a lion seeking whom he can destroy.

May you have wisdom to outfox the "fox".

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin