His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Anniversary Date

Pictures the girlies took on our date: We had our own personal camera crew.
It is good for kids to see mom and dad admire each other.




Anniversaries are always fun. They give time for reflection and future plans. It is funny how different each anniversary is. I remember when our guys were little, we'd get out a table cloth and candlelight and make a quiet dinner with nice quiet music while the boys sat at the top of the stairs and giggled. "GO TO BED!" OK.......

Then there were a few years where we went to a nice dinner alone.

Then, the girls came. To be honest, my memory of the last 5 years is nearly a blurr!
But I know we went swimming one time, we were home from the hospital another time, once we went to a movie, and then this time crept up on us. With all our plans for the next few weeks, school starting etc. here it was, and the day before we were talking saying, "What should we do for this anniversary?" Hmmmm.... There were no movies playing, and it is a Tuesday night. So, we decided on dinner. The girls got real excited and we then decided to make it a family dinner since we are leaving for our Ukrainian missions trip in less than 3 weeks. (that is our real anniversary plan :) )

So they all got dressed up and we took them to "On the Border". Then, they said, "Can we sleep in YOUR room tonight and fall asleep to a movie? It IS your anniversary and it would be so special!" (NOT) LOL

Mike was so funny..."Yes it is OUR anniversary, NO, you can't!" LOL

They were all looking at us like WE were being selfish, ruining their special day of enjoying our anniversary. "You always want to be alone and you don't let us sleep in your room!" Sarah pouted....
Yes, that is right. Moms and dads have rooms and kids have rooms. That is the way that it is! :)

I just love childhood innocence.



Here are our 3 little stowaways. :) They had a great time on our date.

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

I just laughed right out loud! :-)

The Noelles said...

YOU GUY'S ARE SO FUNNY!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin