His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Early Morning Events

We started off with an event filled morning. First off I had a great night's sleep due to a new mattress cover we just purchased for my back. It is 4 inches of foam part regular foam, part memory foam and it was VERY helpful. Now, this a.m. we felt like we had to climb out of bed, as it is pretty soft, but ahhhh, not having to toss and turn all night with terrible back pain was really a pleasure.....

So, first thing, darling Erika gets up early while Mike and I are having our morning coffee and our new little "bra wearer" says, "Mother, you need to put on a bra!"
Hmmm....
"Erika, don't you know that your mom is a card carrying member of the national burn your bra society????"

She says, "Yes, now go put on your bra mother!" LOL

Well, Yes Maam!!!....


This is Sarah's Pirate Look! AYE!
How's that for a challenging look to a good game of backgammon?


Guess who won?


And by 1 move!!!!!




All the while, Anna was quietly reading her new favorite book on the couch.



I love it when kids start to read for pleasure. Marcus and Tim used to LOVE Calvin and Hobbs.

3 comments:

Christine said...

THat is great when kids love to read just because. I wish I had more readers like that.

Anonymous said...

When I taught school, our definition of intellectually gifted was "children who understand Calvin and Hobbs", believe it or not, LOL!


Hmm...perhaps Anna can clue me in???

JJ

The Noelles said...

What does that mean??????

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin