His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Off To A Great Start!

We finished our first 2 days of school and we are off to a great start. The girls are loving their desks, and it seems that they have retained all that they learned last year.

I was worried about taking 5 weeks off, but you know what? I needed that 5 weeks, and so did they. They swam, and swam and played and pretended and went shopping and went to the zoo, and played some more. It was a great rest time.

Then, when it was time to start, they were really ready. It seems that we have turned a corner in reading for everybody and they are reading for enjoyment.

We are off to a good start in History, taking our virtual "Trip Around The World". :)

I'm so glad we are able to do what we do, and I pray that the year continues to go well for them.

I also found these really cool math cubes that explain fractions and decimals. They are kind of like the addition blocks, but they are written in fractions and decimals.
The one thing our oldest son had trouble with was fractions. He couldn't understand how a bigger number was a smaller amount. These cubes help you to SEE that.

Now I gotta go clean house...... :)

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Christie, if you could tell me what those math cubes are called and maybe even show me a link so I could look them up, I would appreciate it. Sounds like it might help my Max.

Mike and Christie said...

Melissa, I sent you an email. If anybody else is interested, her is the web site.
http://www.learningresources.com/category/teachers/shop+by+subject/math/product+brand.do

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin