His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 17, 2008

God Cares About The Little Things

I have written before about the requests the girls had for a great start to a great school year. They wanted a desk, a bell and a chalk board.

Well, we have a bell. I checked around on Craig's List to see about Chalk Boards and desks. I found a great deal from a nursing school going out of business. When I got there, they had just 2 desks and a chalk board. I was able to get them for 25.00 for all.

Anna didn't care for the desks and asked if she could get one that looked a little different. We still needed one, so she started looking on the computer and found the color and style she liked. The problem is, it was over 100.00 if you purchased it new!

I was ready to settle on another desk that looked like her sisters, but the drive was too far and it would have cost more in gas than for the desk itself.

Daddy said, "Let's wait and see what God provides, give HIM a chance to work!"

So we waited a day or two and went back onto Craig's list. There was a description of the exact desk that Anna wanted for 15.00! We thought, ok, this is His provision and the desk was located close by our church. I called the number and it turns out, it was a long time aquaintence from our home school group that was selling the desk. I told her I'd call at a certain time, but when I did, she didn't answer. So we went ahead and started home from church. When we were almost home, she called and said her phone was on silent and she forgot to change it, but they were home and we could come.

So after we got home, I headed out to get the desk. About 3 minutes after I left, Mike called and said, WAIT! Another friend called and said she had a desk she was giving away. He said, go ahead and go look at it. They just live 5 doors down! So I turned around and drove over to her house. And guess what? It was the EXACT desk, even EXACT COLOR Anna had wanted. And it was FREE. :) My friend and I had a good laugh at the way God works in our lives. I called the other lady back to share the story, and it turns out she knows my neighbor! Isn't that funny? :)

Anna is so pleased with her new desk. And now, after I decorate the wall with a map or two, and some pin ups, we will be set for school to start on Thursday! :)

What a great lesson for the girls.

3 comments:

Dan & Michelle said...

God is SO awesome!

Our homeschool room is ready too, just we won't be using it for a while since we will be traveling soon. We got several maps up now and picked up some posters at the Dollar Tree to show the alphabet in manuscript and cursive (with those little arrows). It is fun getting the homeschool room all together and I kind of look forward to acutally using it :)

Melissa E. said...

Hooray!

I hope you'll post a picture of your school room!

I remember talking on the phone to a friend of mine who was a missionary to NYC. I was newly engaged and we were discussing housing. Hers was provided by their ministry. "God is not going to do that for us," I said, "We aren't missionaries." I'd said it in passing and promptly forgot about it until a week later.

My employer didn't want me to move away when we got married and offered us to live in one of their apartments rent-free if I would stay on working for them. (They were in the real estate business) I was shocked but it wasn't until I was on my way home that it dawned on me: God had answered the prayer I never prayed. I don't know if He was pointing a finger at my misguided statements or what but I know I was certainly humbled!

To God be the glory--even in the little things!

Ivy said...

we need pics of these amazing desks!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin