His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, August 29, 2008

Baptism Revisited Again

A decision was made for Erika to be baptized on Sunday. I am really thankful that there were those that saw she was truly ready and didn't make her wait any longer.
She was willing to wait however long she was told.... after all she waited all that time before she had a family.:)

Here is her speech before daddy baptizes her: (spelling errors and all)

Hello my name is Erika Minich I am from Ukraine, Before I was adopted I started to learn about Jesus, how he died for me and you. I am a sinner because Adam and Eve sinned. Jesus Christ is my savior. Jesus loves me this I now for the bible tells me so. He died for my sins, I trusted him. I have a clean hurt but I am still a sinner. I want to be baptized because I want people to understand that Jesus died for my sins and that He is my Savior and I want to serve him for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Beautiful. Simple but profound.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Erika! I cannot imagine any better explanation than this one!

Julie

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin