His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Things I Have Learned About Lilly This Week



Lillian just turned 4. She is very contemplative. She has deep thoughts and watches everything.

I took her to the store with me and she was so funny. In the car I asked her,
"Lilly, what is your favorite color?"

There was a pause..... "Purple, I like purple."

We played the stop and go game with the lights on the way to the store. She told me to stop on red and go on green and be careful on yellow. (She only got to practice that once)

When we got into the store she helped me push the basket. It was so funny. Every single gesture I made, how I stood, if I put my finger on my chin to think, she did.
(I think I put my finger on my chin ALOT)

If I picked up a can to read the ingredients, she did it too. It was such an honor for her to want to be like gramma. :)

The biggest honor of all was the Ponytail. She didn't like having her hair done last week, but this week the first thing she asks for in the morning is the pink heart hair thingy. "Here gramma, put my hearts in."
OK..... :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin