His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Baptism Delayed

Erika had a meeting with the elders and didn't answer the questions to satisfaction. I think part of her expressive language is a problem. To articulate in English, complex ideas is hard for her. So, we are going to work with her a little more and help her understand.

We had a great talk with one of our elders tonight. He said they did not question her faith at all, they just want her to be able to express it verbally.

I have many questions about the baptism process and probably fall more along covanental lines regarding baptism.

This same elder plans to talk with Erika Sunday to make sure she understands that they are not questioning her faith. She thought they had said, "Think about it a little longer if you really want to follow Jesus."

So the August 31 date is null and void. I'll let ya'll know when it happens.
I wouldn't have posted it WAS going to happen until after the elders visited her.
There was abit of confusion. 2 elders approved the week before, but then there were some more that wanted to meet. The 2nd meeting is the one that took place today, and they have asked her to wait.

So, we'll wait some more and maybe learn abit about patience and study up some on doctrine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for Erika, though I respect the church's decision. (Didn't say that I agreed with it. LOL!) I hope that Erika can willingly accept the decision, knowing that her special day is still coming. What an exercise in patience for a young lady! This, too, shall come to pass.

JJ

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin