His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Monday, September 16, 2013

ROTC

We went to an ROTC dinner at the high school with Anna tonight.  Her leaders are such sweet people!  I was so impressed with their commitment to put these kids on a road to success!
Anna was running around the cafeteria and finding her new friends to bring over and introduce to us.
She was smiling and happy and full of energy! :)

On the way home she said, "My cheeks hurt from smiling so much!" LOL  :)

On FRIDAY, she is going to be going on a Full Weekend field trip.  Am I really ready for this???
They are going to spend two days on the U.S.S. Lexington, in Corpus Cristi, Texas.

Wow! 
I wonder if She'll take her sleeping buddy? Bob the cat. :)
After all Marcus used to take Beary on campouts. :)

1 comment:

Aus said...

Proud of you Anna, thanks for understanding "service" - won't be long until you are a butter bar!

Enjoy the weekend as well - Christie, you'll manage!

And as for the sandals - looks good to me - a good pair are hard to find! ;) Him and me - same bolt of cloth!

hugs - aus and co.