His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Mike


 (this was his Martian Child imitation)
 Mike's received an old book and  the "Frank Capra" movie  collection.
I believe we will be watching "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" tonight. :) The girls also wrote loving notes to him, and he was smothered in daughterly love. :)

It was a relaxing morning and then Mike had to go out to work.


Mike requested his favorite Dinner.... "Christie's Chinese Fried Rice.  He also requested a "Cherry chip" cake.  I couldn't find a cherry chip cake mix, so we made one up.  I sure hope it tastes good. It looks good! :)  Sorta funny, Alli has a brown cake and Mike a pink cake!  :)


Happy Birthday Sweetheart! :)




6 comments:

Christie M said...

It tasted great!

Milena said...

Happy Birthday to Mike too!

Great photos :-) They made me smile.

I love it when a dad isn't afraid of pink :-) !

mommajeane said...

Happy Birthday…I have never met the 2 of you - talked lots on email and some phone but , I just know we would enjoy hanging out with you ….Hope you had a great b-day !

Annie said...

What a sweet husband you have! Happy birthday to him.

:)De said...

Happy birthday to the both of you!

Aus said...

Happy Birthday y'all - hope it was all you wanted and more!!

hugs - aus and co.