I just found out that I have to have 5 FIVE apostilled copies of Miss Alii's birth certificate sent off.
They have to be apostilled in NC....I'm on hold trying to figure out how to do this... Learning something new is always so hard. I was on hold for 50 minutes. To be told that I need to call back tomorrow because they are closed, and I have to call the adoption interests section. I gained an extension number! :)
The birth certificates we ordered SHOULD have been here by now, but she says they didn't get entered into the system for an entire week plus 1 day after we mailed the request. So what are expedite fees for??
Good grief!
Now, I did ask about apostilling 5 more.... She said we have to re order, then we wait for them to send them to us, then we have to send them to the state department, then they have to send them to us.... Oh my!
Is this REALLY the 21st century???
His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)
5 comments:
Hey, I'm a long time reader but never comment. Anyways, I'm a special needs teacher in Asheville north Carolina. Let me know if there is something I can do to help
Jillianrose87 at gmail dot com
That's 21st century USA. Yonah's adoption will take place in 30 minutes, and at 4 p.m. we'll get his new birth certificate and temporary ID, and on Sunday his new ID, military registration and passport! :D And they did apologise for having to charge some of the fees.
Bragger! :)
And. Congratulations! Were you able to go?
Court came to me. :D
Post a Comment