His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Adoption Video

I remember Erika telling me she felt just like this little one. :(

4 comments:

Mary Grace Biggs said...

So many orphans need a mama and a dad.

schnitzelbank said...

Oh. Heartbreaking.

Have you ever shared with your blog readers the stories of how it came about that you were able to adopt your girls??

Montana Wildflower said...

How do you go to a place where there are so many children who need forever families and only choose one that day?

I would want them all and want to take all of them home with me.

How do you walk away from so many, knowing you can't possibly take them all, or even all the ones who pull at your heart?

Mike and Christie said...

Montana, I have never forgotten the ones left behind. :( If it had been allowed, I would have put them all on the plane home. To my delight, 3 of them were adopted by a family in Tennessee almost 2 years later. They are in a wonderful family. I am haunted by one little girl that was left behind and it hurts to think about where she could be now.
When we went to Ukraine, it was specifically to get Erika. I will never EVER forget the horrors of what we saw, the smells, the cries. We adopted Sarah HERE because of dissolution. Had it not been for Sarah, Erika would not be here. She had a picture of her, and it was the saddest, most pathetic picture I had ever seen. I started to cry. And we were DRIVEN that moment to make sure she got out of there. Some people say you shouldn't rescue a kid. Others say you do.
I think it is a balance of both. We WANTED to parent her and love her, and we also wanted to rescue her from a place of pain and despair. The girls belonged together and that was that. Apparently the Lord thought so too. I am just so happy to be a small part in that. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin