His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

GREEN EGGS AND HAM

I always loved this story as a child.  When the boys were little, one night I read them the story before dinner and then quietly served "Green Eggs and Ham" for dinner.  I tried to act as if nothing was odd, and then I couldn't contain my laughter when our son Joseph said with a very somber face, staring at his food, "I do not like green eggs and ham!"

When Anna and Sarah were home, I decided to do it again, but this time I had a camera.  It was so fun. They read the story together and then we had dinner. :)

These photos are in their life books. :)

I'm fixin' to pull this trick on Miss Erika and Miss Alli very soon. :)

All you have to do, if you want to try it is dice up ham, beat eggs and add food coloring.. Green of course. And add enough to make it green.
After scrambling, serve with toast. :)
AND don't forget the camera!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Last St. Patrick's Day one of my little sisters wanted green eggs for breakfast... they looked disgusting!! :)

Hevel said...

I prefer to make it with spinach rather than dye. :)

Mary Grace Biggs said...

I absolutely ADORE that book!

Emma once had for her 3 birthday cake GREEN EGGS AND HAM! (Eggs made out of cool whip with green sherbert ice cream on top of the cool whip) (Cake made out of cake shaped as the hap and frosted with green frost!) PS IT WAS SOOO YUMMY!

:)De said...

This is a fovorite in our home. Can't wait to see Alli's face! LOL!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin