His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Some Thoughts About Preparation

The Joseph I am going to write about here is not our own Joseph, but the Joseph in the scripture.
In the book of Genesis is the historical story of Joseph, the son of Jacob. (Israel)  He was the beloved son from Jacob's favored wife, Rachel.
The girls and I have been going through the book of Genesis.
With all the thoughts on preparation and discipline, I had some pondering thoughts about this.

Joseph was treated differently than his brothers which caused Great Jealousy! As a matter of fact, it was so great, that he was sold into slavery due to their jealousy and hatred.

God had given Joseph some dreams, and when he told them, those dreams made him seem pompous.
But they were TRULY FROM God! He didn't understand them himself. 

And then, he was sold. He was given to Pottifer as a slave, and he earned a good reputation.  This was a reputation he had due to the teaching of his father.  Even though Joseph's brothers were jealous, does not mean Joseph was at fault.
So Joseph prospered in Pottifer's home until Pottifer's wife tried to seduce him. He refused her and she screamed rape.  She is an example of what NO WOMAN SHOULD BE!

Joseph was thrown into prison.  In Prison, he prospered. He was again able to tell dreams. The baker and the food taster both had dreams that Joseph interpreted.  The interpretations came true.

Later, the food taster let Pharoh know about Joseph when none of the wise men could interpret the dream.
Joseph was called from Prison to interpret.  The Pharoh was so impressed with Joseph that he made him the second most powerful man in Egypt under himself.

So I tell the condensed story to say:  A WHOLE lifetime was lived during all these years of suffering.
Joseph must have wondered why?  He prayed, and he remained a slave. 
It wasn't until years later, that during the extreme drought, God made it possible for him to be reunited to his family. 
BECAUSE of the suffering he went through, he had the WISDOM to lead a nation. Because of His INTEGRITY, people trusted him.  And BECAUSE of what His brother's did, the family survived a horrible drought.
Joseph told his brothers, "What you meant for Evil, God intended for Good."

Many of us don't like it that we are God's creation.  We are clay pots in the hands of the potter.  What HE wills for us is for our good; even our suffering.

I cannot speak openly about my own past, but I can say, all those years that I didn't understand, that I called out to the Lord and that I wondered what was going on.... God was preparing me. He was with me the entire time. I knew that.   
I can look back now and CLEARLY see, there was no other way to prepare me for Today, had I not gone through what I did long ago. 

If you are struggling.... there is a reason.  And what others mean for Evil, God intends it for our good.
It will become clear at some point in life.


No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin