His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Adorable Sarah

What started out as me needing to correct Sarah because of an unkindness on her part, wound up being one of the sweetest times.
We stayed in my room for a long time, lounged on the floor and just chatted. I told her about something I had done as a child and regretted to this day and she laughed.  She shared something else with me and we went back and forth for over an hour just sharing our hearts and laughing.

One thing I just love about Sarah is that she doesn't like it when she is unkind. It upsets her.  She is such a sweet heart.  I had to apologize to her for raising my voice. :(  "Why are you doing that?"  ugh....
I don't like it when I blow it either.

So, we shared "blow it" moments with each other. :)  
Sarah is so cute!  She is right at that in between stage that girls go through; not a child but not a teen either.  She reminds me sometimes of JO in Little Women... lamenting her lost childhood which was WAY too short,  and wanting everything to stay the same. :)

I so understand where she is, because she MISSED the first almost 6 years of her childhood.  She has REALLY enjoyed these last 6 years.  Of course, I gave her permission to be a child, MY CHILD, forever! :)  She laughed about that too. :)

I can't believe how fast the time is going by.  I remember when the boys hit this age... it seemed like a breath and they were all away at college.

Erika will be 18 in just 5  years! That is just NOT very long! Then Anna,Then Sarah,Then Alli.... and I just want to freeze them all in time.

I so love my Sarah.  She is such a light in my life.  She mentioned tonight that she was so glad I was her mama. 
My heart is full of Sarah love tonight. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

I HATE this age! Suddenly, between13 and 14 they DO grow up! They ge so much taller and more mature....and you realize they are not your little ones anymore. Except, while they LOOK old, they aren't.

Zhen turns 13 soon, and honestly, my heart is so longing for a little one around again. Though he is such an affectionate sweetheart.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin