His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An Alli Update....

I write this update with tears of joy.  I am overcome with thankfulness for our sweet Alli. 
We are ready to send our first post placement report for Russia.  As I read our social worker's words, I wept.
Why?  Because I am so happy inside. I am happy because a little girl who's life was total chaos and destruction from the moment she was born is now HOME...
I wept because the Lord has redeemed her.
I wept because when I see her smile, her GENUINE smile and her joy, and I see the changes she has made, I am just overcome.

Friday will mark our 9th month together. Alli is a JOY!
She was helping me wrap a Christmas present tonight and taking total glee in the fact that her sister was going "to really LOVE this present!" :) 

The changes we are seeing in her are remarkable.
She is joyful, she works hard on her school work, she is helpful and kind.  She shares her love for her sisters and us all the time, and expresses her joy in her prayers.
She is herself.... and she is liking herself. :)  I could go on and on, but it would be a book.
I am just amazed.

I am so thankful that we are able to be a part of her life.  Both Mike and I are in awe of what the Lord has done in our lives and in her life.


5 comments:

mommajeane said...

I rejoice with you and love hearing her life story of redemption...only the Lord can do this in such a pure way. Her smile says it all.

Mike and Christie said...

Oh that is so true!

Joy said...

I am so glad! I pray for you all!

Kelly said...

What can I add? Rejoicing with you in His name.

That fatherless find their rest at the sound of His great name!

Blessings.

Annie said...

You and your husband do this therapeutic parenting so naturally - and wih your homeschooling, your country setting, dad at home, etc... your whole lifestyle seems to support the peace and centeredness that your girls need. I love, love, love reading about all the good you do for your girls, and frankly always wish I had your natural gifts.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin